RCU Forums - View Single Post - Miss Geico 29 Catamaran
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Miss Geico 29 Catamaran

my canopy is at the bottom of the lake, didn't have flotation and the tape failed me, i used electrical tape cause i ran out of my clear hocky/hatch tape. Lost the inner liner in the wreck as well. Those are less then 5 bucks, the canopy is on back order so I may try to snorkel my old one out since it is in the fairly shallow swim area.

Went down to legg lake yesterday and watched the gassers run. Almost makes me want a huge gas cat but it is not in the budget. Pretty serious crowd out there, lots of guys with 5 + boats a trailer and the whole nine. It was more of a gas event but now i got to see what the racing is like and met Tony who has an electric club that I'm pretty sure i became a member of yesterday. We need to grow the electric racing scene, Namba registration is only 45 for the year and it's 35 bucks to get a key to legg lake with access to the row boat for retrieval. Hoping to meet back up with him and the handful of guys he has so we can all run together. He introduced me to a couple of guys running 10s set ups and i think he said they have their own private lake they let him run at sometimes.

1800 kv is a more practical 4s set up in my opinion, I'm getting 10 min run time with the ul1 motor which is apparently a spec motor so i'm glad i got it. I might be selling My super vee to get a df 34 or something of that nature so i can run P mono and P offshore. According to Tony my SV will get eaten alive in P mono.