RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 03-14-2011, 06:21 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2 Looks like my batteries are toast! Tried a few 1700 MaH NiMh
s on my new A9 setup with GPS module, moving the sticks around I am getting low voltage warnings (6.0v 5-cell), on either pack. A9 set to 5.5v LBW. I am using one for the BAT port, and one to power the sensor station. These batteries are new but on the shelf for 1 yr. maybe 2 with ZERO usage. Should I go 2S LiPo for the SPC, and NiMh for the servos? Also I did'nt get any instructions for the Sensor Port, does it need a seperate battery, or power off of a servo port on the Optima 7..??
1. NiMH batteries do not develop full power until cycled at least three times and must also be toped up occasionally when stored, see comments under:.
Aurora 9 - Battery is not charged. Charge before first use so as not to damage battery. Battery is 1300 mAh_charge rate is 80 mAh (to minimise damage if left on to long at any time) = 19-20 hours for first full charge - please read the further details.

Powered from the transceiver with separate lead, refer text &pictures:
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.

Alan T.