RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Thanks for the replies, and along with them, i still have some questions.

I was actually looking for the 4 gram class micro (or maybe called almost nano class) weight...

Will the new minima come in around 4 grams with the case removed?
Where can we purchase the minima 6E, tower does NOT have it available yet, ah bummer, i am striking out all over here for the 4gram class?

Model -................- With Case -..........- Case Removed
Optima 9 -...........- 23g -........................- ?
Optima 7 -...........- 17g -........................- 9- 10g ??
Optima 6 -...........- 15.3g -.....................- 7-8g ??
Optima 6 LITE -....- 10g -.......................- ???????
Optima 9 Minima -.- 6.5g -......................- ???????

* #1 I have a whole stack of the Hitec Micro 05S FM Rx's in my stock from replacing them this past year with Optima's, but they WEIGH 8grams... too heavy for my son's Raptor GS that really needs a 2 to 4 gram Rx...
* #2 Then my Nephew just picked up the TechOne micro indoor flyer that also needs a 4gram or smaller Rx.
>> Hint, the kids are now paying for 80% of their gear with their earnings and allowance money, so money is a big issue. everytime i turn around they are swapping or grabbing another plane at a RC flea market and dad is no longer buying their optima 6's at $50 a pop....

** Now my son has the optic 6 with both the 2.4 module & the FM module (while dad has the A9 )

***Q&A*** So do I keep the price down and go with one of the following?
1. Corona RS410 II for $11 + $2.50 for crystal $12.50 (Bphobbies)
2. Castle Creation Berg 4L 4g full range receiver, autoshift, FM, good features like failsafe, etc $30 (plus crystal $7) = $37 (Towerhobbies)
3. GWH pico but limited range and shift specific for JR vs hitech, etc compatibility $20 + $7 crystal $27

4. Nano 2.5gram ZX Technology R4J Nano Receiver for Aircraft $11.25 + $2.50 for crystal
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...4&pid=C2680119

Doesn't look like we can shave the Micro 05S to 5 grams, unless someone here can educate us on some tricks? maybe the old dremel tool to shave off some black plastic around the connectors, but maybe only an ounce????
Micro 05S with crystal & no case - 9grams+ i suspect

So maybe use my son's optic 6 & FM module, while we wait for the Minima 6 and 4 gram'ers to come around? But then again, the kids can't afford it...
So old forums from 2007 show the old corona rs400 was junk, but now i see this newer corona rs410, so assume it is fixed and a good full featured great priced Rx??? any thoughts from all your experiences out there?

So I am digging here to figure out what to do???

Thanks so much in advance for the help everyone!!!!