Old 03-16-2011, 03:33 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

ORIGINAL: kochj

Thank you for your responses...
I picked up a 215cc Moki...New..
It was one of those, once in a long while deals, I couldn't pass up...

I don't have time to build (I have a 6-year old son, who is very active and wants me being part of everything)
and will most likely end up purchasing a ARF....

Looking at a Yak54-or yak 55. TOC, Pilot, 40%. or B.Hemple's yak55..

I might be concerned about going with the TOC 40% yak, as I heard they build heavy...but need the nose weight...
I could use the 250cc Moki for this, but like I said, I couldn't pass up what I paid...
I will be doing aerobatics and not 3d....

I may go for the CARF's corsair, or Thunderbolt....
I am not worried about the 215cc for those, and it will have PLENTY of power for either of the two..

I know that the CARF Sukhoi, and Yaks would be great for it, but not sure if I want to spend that much money for that performance, only to fly it scale...
THose are meant for more....

I think somewhere in the manual it states that the plane will wreck if you go full power when level....?? Will have to check manual...

Sent you a PM. I built a Hempel 170cc Yak 55M with a gas radial engine, (still waiting for it come back from the Manufacture, should have bought the Moki!). It is on another site (FG) and my username over there is spookyeng, the thread is under build threads. Don't want to hijack the thread, but thought I would share my thread with you to give you some ideas. Take care.

Jason