RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our Aeromarine and Blackjack 55 continual builds...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 AM
amrharrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Our Aeromarine and Blackjack 55 continual builds...

Hi Wakeskater02,

Correct me if I am wrong but the appropriate Futaba Hi-torque servo for our Blackjack should be S3050?

I ran a bunch of numbers and I was looking for the most cost effective solution for the 2 servos for the steering along with a dual servo cable to run off of one channel. I too bought the 3PM-X with only a receiver package deal that was offered because I didn't think the servos were the right match with that deal.

Do a little research, we have a heavy boat and with 2 rudders??? I think we would at least improve the torque compared to stock, the original ones had 80?90? @ 6V, damn I can't find my worksheet right now...

Another consideration is a strong 6V NiMH hump pack battery,, I see you have one in your pictures, sweet boat BTW, and a fail-safe unit to cut the motor if communications are lost or the battery gets weak.

I am going with the Spektrum 3Ch with a MR3000 receiver and 2 s6020 hi-torque steering servos with a dynamite failsafe and a 1600mAh dynamite 6V hump pack battery; I was advised to go with a 5000 mAh battery, what a HPI Baja car uses, but my budget can't justify it right now.

I have both radio but cutting costs, I already have a MR3000 and 1 s6020 servo so I only need to buy 1 more.