RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our Aeromarine and Blackjack 55 continual builds...
Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
wakeskater02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Our Aeromarine and Blackjack 55 continual builds...

ORIGINAL: amrharrymac

Hi Wakeskater02,

Correct me if I am wrong but the appropriate Futaba Hi-torque servo for our Blackjack should be S3050?

I ran a bunch of numbers and I was looking for the most cost effective solution for the 2 servos for the steering along with a dual servo cable to run off of one channel. I too bought the 3PM-X with only a receiver package deal that was offered because I didn't think the servos were the right match with that deal.

Do a little research, we have a heavy boat and with 2 rudders??? I think we would at least improve the torque compared to stock, the original ones had 80?90? @ 6V, damn I can't find my worksheet right now...

Another consideration is a strong 6V NiMH hump pack battery,, I see you have one in your pictures, sweet boat BTW, and a fail-safe unit to cut the motor if communications are lost or the battery gets weak.

I am going with the Spektrum 3Ch with a MR3000 receiver and 2 s6020 hi-torque steering servos with a dynamite failsafe and a 1600mAh dynamite 6V hump pack battery; I was advised to go with a 5000 mAh battery, what a HPI Baja car uses, but my budget can't justify it right now.

I have both radio but cutting costs, I already have a MR3000 and 1 s6020 servo so I only need to buy 1 more.
Thanks, for the compliments on my blackjack, I am in talks with Bonzi Sports about possibly featuring my blackjack on there website. Again the new setup I will only need one HT servo and one regular servo, I would like to go with ball barring servos as I have heard that they are very smooth in transition from stationary to motion and back. I have heard some bad things about the Spectrum radios, so I would like to stay away from them if at all possible. I already have one spectrum radio, but it is on the Pro Boat brushless miss geico boat set up that i am trying to sell. I used the Geico boat once and decided to go with gas power. I appreciate all the info on servos though as I really don't know very much about them and am trying to learn all the nitty gritty. Also, my BJ already has a failsafe unit as well as a voltage meter, so I can actually visually see where the battery charge stands.Since you have a blackjack, do you know if they make a standard charger that fits the charging port on the BJ stuffing box? I am looking for a very simple charger that can charge my battery pack. Anywho, if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate the information.

Does anyone know if you can say buy the Futaba radio and reciever and say use different servos. I have some from Hi-Tec, both a HT and a standard. I am not sure about compatibility and so forth.

As for an update on the Aeromarine Challenger 48 build. My dad has finally mounted the motor completely, although he said he isn't sure if he likes the motor mounts that we have, so he might decide to change them. As for other stuff, he also installed the stuffing box and said he wants to pick up some bailers from Insane Boats. Our next plans are to figure out the electronics parts and run the exhaust. I am going over there this weekend and I will bring my DSLR camera to take updated pictures of the Aeromarine.

Thanks for following my build and answering all my questions!

-Cheers!