RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?

I "had" the Hangar 9 60 size Corsair. Flying it just 1 month with less than 20 flights on it, I lost the entire plane and $250 in lipo batteries. That's over $500, about $25 a flight. Good investment?

This was a great flying plane, but the glue used to hold it together is absolutely ridiculous. On a nose over, the firewall came apart from the fuse. Not enough glue holding the firewall onto the fuse. No problem. Glue it back on and reinforce. During flight, the wings snap in half and the plane goes down from 15 stories in the air. Big problem. Can't glue back enough toothpicks to make it fly again. And the lipo batteries are toast.

Upon closer inspection of the wings after the crash, I noticed the balsa and plywood in the wings fell right off the balsa sheeting. There wasn't enough glue holding the formers together. I've had crashes before and the undamaged part of the wing held together. Not this Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair. The wood just fell right off. For those of you who have this plane, thank your lucky stars you have a plane with just enough glue holding it in one piece. The rest of us who've posted about wing failures on this Corsair aren't as lucky. I've read posts dating back to 2004 and 7 years later, Hanger 9 still hasn't fixed the problem.

To make things worse, the customer service rep I spoke to told me the forums and threads that are posting about the wing failures are just rubbish. Yup, us hard working customers who drop $260 on this Corsair are talking rubbish on these forums. He went on to tell me that there was nothing he could do for my $500 loss. Let me tell you, I got pretty irate about that. Horizon Hobby sure does care about their customers and what they're saying about their planes. It's so disappointing to see a manufacturer such as Hangar 9 skimp on glue when putting together a plane like this. And it's even worse that they don't give a damn. I'm never buying this plane again. It's too much of a risk. One $500 loss is enough.