RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Ziroli designed, built and aluminum plated by Metal-morphous
Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Metalmorphous
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-38 Ziroli designed, built and aluminum plated by Metal-morphous

I have attached a photo of a P-38 that I think has not been seen before.. Last year I attended the Wings of Freedom tour like I do every year and for the last 3 years a good friend and WWII pilot Ted Turek (Pictured below) meets us at our display area and we catch up on things for 3 days,, Ted let me borrow his P-51 Mustang flight manual and he now needed it back. I stop by his home and again caught up with the events that happened over the long winter. During our conversions Ted broke out more photos of himself during the war and low and behold there he is standing in front of a P-38... He said he had just landed at this runway for some fuel and started talking to some of the other pilots that liked his P-51 mustang. Once we get settled in to our new location we have a project that I have wanted to do since last years Freedom tour. We will be building a 1/4 RC replica of Ted's P-51 and because his plane was unpainted it fall right into what we do This came about when I had the honor of meeting Ken Fredrickson last year, a p-47 pilot and we asked him to sign our morphed P-47. A few days later I was going threw the my photos of the tour and it hit me that I didnt have anything Ted flew to sign Well hopefully that will not be the case this year and since the Mustang has a simple design and I'm going to use a composite airframe it should be ready for this years tour at Waterbury/Oxford. I will start a new thread when we get started on it.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45895.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1579977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74642.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1579978