RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
jerrymu1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build

It is a shame, but in my case a welcome respite. I was drawn to this build because of the stated objective: "- to build the finest, most detailed, and as historically accurate a Corsair they can."

Since the entire airframe wasn't available at the time I signed on, I decided to start designing some of the ancilary pieces: prop hub, propeller blades, landing gear, wheels, dummy engines, and so on.

Then Danny Busch said in order to conceal his new Siedel engine he needed to build a different scale; well back to the drawing board. I have managed to come up with designs that allow me to produce all items in any scale without major new investments required.

My own personal goal, as I stated in one of my first posts, is to build most of the major Corsair variants: XF4U, F4U-1, -1A, F2G-1, XF2G, Planes of Fame Super Corsair, and a couple more.

My approach has been slightly different in that I am developing plans from 3D scans of a Tamiya F4U-1 1/48 scale plastic model.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but it isn't; I have enjoyed the interplay between the members and how they continually look for more details about what I consider the finest World War II fighter aircraft.

Jerry M.