RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations
Old 03-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Warbirdguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations

Got this response today. I wonder why the part about model aircraft was intentionally left out?

WBG

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the classification and treatment of model airplanes in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization bill. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I know that federal legislation and regulations often carry unintended consequences, and I understand your concern that hobbyists may be unfairly caught up in new regulation. As you have pointed out, the regulation in question was not included in the final version of the FAA Reauthorization bill that passed the Senate, a bill I was happy to support. Please know that I will carefully monitor the status of this provision as the FAA bill as a whole is considered in the House. The insight and information you have given here will certainly help my staff and me more effectively look into this issue.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me as I serve you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator