RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations
Old 03-18-2011, 09:14 AM
FliteMetal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations

ORIGINAL: STKNRUD Either everyone including the AMA is crazy or your senator doesn't know what he is talking about.
My understanding is that the Senate included in the legislation the probation on regulating RC and it went to the House. Unless
the House took it out and sent it back to the Senate and they passed the bill without it, I don't have any idea what he is talking
about. I suspect that some elf in the senator's office wrote the letter between naps and computer games.
Gentlemen:

"I believe what we have here, is a failure to communicate."

It is IMHO a positive statement rather than a negative one...as it can be read with inference...either way since the
text is a vague reference and uses the words "left out". After I re-read the text multiple times I recalled
the wording which cleared the Senate decks positively for modeling was an actual "exclusion and removal" from the
original FAA proposal.

This response from what appears to be Sen. Corker's aide would be correct...a positive statement of support.
Chris is looking into it as I write this...

Quoted below:
"As you have pointed out, the regulation in question was not included in the final version of the FAA Reauthorization
bill that passed the Senate, a bill I was happy to support."