RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spark F3A, from Krill Models - SPAIN TEAM
Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Spark F3A, from Krill Models - SPAIN TEAM

Jason, you are more than welcome! Unfortunately these quality control/building issues are very common with these so-called mama san "shake and bakes"! If we elect to purchase one of these planes, the odds are very high that we will have these types of problems. Look at all the previous so called "builds" of other "shake and bakes" here in the pattern section of RCU with similiar issues. Now if you/I were a big name pilot, management would instruct mama san "to get it right or else"! You like all the rest who find themselves in a position of having to buy one of these overpriced POS's are at the mercy of these factories. Your only other option is to learn how to build your pattern planes from some of the better basic kits that are available. I know the shipping cost is high but, retailers such as F3A Unlimited has some of the finest basic kits available and please note, the owner, Chris Moon is a pattern flyer like us and can be trusted. The skill to build your own plane is not that difficult to acquire. Finding the time in todays work environment may be a problem. After 20+ years of building my own planes and having been involved with other flyers who like you have opted for these types of planes, I can tell you uncategorically there is a hugh difference in the way my planes fly compared to most of these instant gratification types of planes. I wish you success in your efforts and be advised, Dave Snow is very knowledgeable builder/flyer and will not steer you wrong. Regards, Everette