RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Planes Starfire EDF
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 AM
maverickma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes Starfire EDF

I emailed them and posted in their support forum so we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to return the fuse since I'm not confident the next will be any better. I read another thread where someone else had the same issue, but just sent the whole thing back. I sent and posted pics for them and have asked that they just send another fuse. If they don't, I will deal with it. I have all but one former out of the fuse so I can modify. I think that will be necessary to fit the lipos nicely up front. One problem is removing the tacky adhesive they used. Its really a mess.

Removing the guts also allows me easy access to the inside of the fuse to glass, eopxy, and sand any sloppy glass work. Lemonade from lemons!! Let's just hope they send a replacement.

ORIGINAL: Greg Covey

Hi Doug,

My model was actually purchased from General Hobby through Richard Yan on the RCU Marketplace for about $125 plus shipping. It may be that the Nitro Planes version is made from a different factory after the initial batch sold out. I have seen this issue before with my larger Cessna Citation. I would call or e-mail Nitro Planes about your issues because they seem very good at making things right. As for a $100 fiberglass model, you should anticipate some issues but I have only seen them in the support hardware. Overall, my two Starfires were very good quality. I decided I didn't need the second one for spares so I sold it to a friend.

Let us know how you make out...