RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our Aeromarine and Blackjack 55 continual builds...
Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
wakeskater02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Our Aeromarine and Blackjack 55 continual builds...

That's exactly it!!!! I could not find it on there site whatsoever! Anywho, so i did what you said and went down to home depot and used PVC and drip-line fittings to make my water-hose home tuning cooling unit. It works amazing! The motor I reved at about 3/4 of full power for maybe 3 minutes just to see how it worked and checked it with my bare hand to see if it was hot or not. AMAZINGLY, even the actual block and head were just slightly warm to the touch! Our hose fitting works amazing and keeps the engine super cool. SO... Thanks for that great tip, the whole thing cost me about $13.00 to make and screws right on the end of the hose. I actually put a ball valve on mine so that I could regulate the pressure right there rather than having to go all the way to the hose valve.

So, I figured out today that I am having a problem with a couple things on my boat. I my water jacket is leaking a very slight leak, so I am going to replace the o-ring that seals that. As well as my exhaust coupler, I will replace those o-rings as well. All are Bonzi and are all easy to replace and access.

A little more complicated is this throttle cable that we were all discussing earlier. So, I am trying to figure out how to set my idle, throttle and brake (To shut the motor off remotely). I originally tried it, but the cable and throttle assembly are bent and the connection where you connect the cable to the actual carb is very loose. I am going to order a new throttle cable and assembly for my 813A carb from Bonzi.

I am also really struggling to figure out my Radio settings. I am not sure what does what, I have tried to check out the manual but it is also very complicated for me. The motor in the boat runs great, now if I can only set the idle and radio....I would be in business.

Here is the carb piece I am talking about...

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

ORIGINAL: wakeskater02

Technically, the prop blast should act like the pump forcing the water through the pickup. That is what most of the racers that were at Legg Lake said, here in CA.

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

I use garden hose with fitting on end to run my boats at home - just turn pressure down ........ no pickup will pickup water without the boat moving without a pump............ period. Add or replace the pro Boat water pump if u want a simple pump...

Ah no ..... if the boat is not moving the prop blast will NOTpickup water - prop spinning or not ........... the pickup u are talking about comes from Insane boats

They way it is postioned is for two things - to reduce drag and not interfer / disruptwith water flow to prop