RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations
Old 03-21-2011, 04:40 AM
FliteMetal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations

Guys,

From what I understand everyone will "at least" receive a form letter acknowledgement as a letter receipt. In addition to the form letter...which was expected... I received two additional email of a personal nature three or four days after my letter was sent to each of my three representatives. One of whom was the individual who originally sponsored the bill to the Senate.

First of all, form letters are absolutely necessary...in the absence of downtime required to sit and reply to each automated AMA letter received. In my case, after all, our issue is one of an untold number of calls to action from others in each representative's district.

I felt fortunate to have received a second acknowledgement email and the assurance from all three they will do their part to protect our "privilege" to fly R/C, or in the case of Rep Greene, to review the issue. He was less familiar with the issue. All I can hope for is a clear head so he can understand our issue.

To be part of a "unified" education process to inform those who's vote determines my continued "privilege" of R/C flight is in my opinion something I should appreciate and though I may not personally understand other issues related to these people who do control my "privilege" to continue R/C flight...I am not going to throw mud in their eyes and vinegar instead of praise and a cup of honey...

You are with us or against us...there is no middle ground!

Those who are against us are stirring a stick in a huge cow patty to raise a stink so bad no one will pay attention to understand their mis-representation of the facts to see we suffer the same fate as they in the commercial R/C aka UAV industry. The FAA has already ruled to further constrain them... They seek to constrain recreational R/C more or less as a bully action saying openly if they can't....we won't.

More or less...you, he, and she who fly recreational R/C are responsible for this. I am someone who's paid attention for the last 7 years this has been on the FAA's front burner as a real threat. The "only" chance I have to constrain the FAA's decision (which has already been made) is to have it removed by the positive action of those in the House Of Representatives, who after its earlier approval in the Senate, can send it to the President for signature... I pray current events do not invoke a veto.