RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 PM
tele1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

I started thinking about the induction noise again. I just can't let go of it for some reason. I spent a night thinking and doing some research in the pocket bike forums. Then I stumble on some pictures of a Titan Z set up. I had started with a similar setup attempting still use the choke and didn't find a way to make it work. I lined the motor box with sound deading acoustic foam but the firewall of the motor box was wide open. This time I am going to use the velocity stack with the built in choke that the pocket bike guys use.

I had an extra fuse that was shipping damaged that I decided to repair because the one that they sent me to replace it had nasty warpage in the vertical stabilizer. I had cut the fire wall off the damaged it on on the new fuse to mount the Syssa. Motor box on the original fuse was then shorter and turns out after installing a new firewall I got the backplate to firewall distance the right length for the velocity stack to extend into the motor box still leaving the choke arm anterior to the firewall. Iwill post some pictures as soon as get new motor mounts from Todd.
He is just using the motor box as the induction silencer just like Ihad originally attempted. Ijust need to figure out where my intake holes are going to be. I may extend the velocity stack further into the box with some hose of some sort also.

Here is the web site. Interesting build.

www.toni-clark.com/english/motoren/zg20/zg20_funtanaS140.htm