RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jim LeRoy Pitts Bulldog - Take 2!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:51 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jim LeRoy Pitts Bulldog - Take 2!

Got the left wingtip done on the top wing today, and then promptly decided to change my mind about how I'll be doing the ailerons.

This, of course, means my order to National Balsa was ALL WRONG.  I've fired them off an email...here's to hoping it can be changed without having to place a separate order and pay more shipping.  Of course, if it can't, I'll just have to pay a stupid tax and go on with life. *heh*

Going to do the ailerons in a "more scale" fashion, rounding the LE and recessing the TE of the wing.  Not only will this look a good bit better, but it should make the LE slave rods cleaner looking AND allow me to relocate them to a more scale-looking location.

Looks like it'll basically involve cutting the new aileron bay, removing all the structure from the old one, and laying down a 3/4" thick wing TE to form the hinge line.  Shouldn't be TOO terribly difficult, since I'll cheat a little bit and make the ailerons end at an existing rib.  When it's all said and done, they won't quite be scale sized, but they'll be within a 10% margin either way.  Certainly not noticeable to any but the most knowledgeable of observers upon very close inspection.

Also heard from RCGuys today, they say I can order the sliding canopy straight from them, so I'll probably place that order this week.