RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:32 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?

I guess we all have our opinions. There is no way Hangar 9 is close to Top-Flite. You look at the Top-Flite ARFs and the way they're assembled and compare them to Hangar 9 and it's not even close. Also, you already said it, you reinforce all your ARFs. ARFs shouldn't need to be reinforced. Beginners and experts alike should have the confidence that their planes will hold together in flight. I've never had to add extra glue to an of my Top-Flite planes. The Hangar 9 Corsair 60 firewall fell right off the fuse without the extra reinforcement on a nose over. And the wings collapsed without reinforcement. You're one of the lucky ones when it comes to Hangar 9 products, but that's because you reinforced your plane. Even you don't have the confidence in Hanger 9 products since you're reinforcing the planes yourself. If you did, you wouldn't be doing it, would you? And your buddy who got the replacement is another one of the select few. If Horizon Hobby did me right, I wouldn't be griping, but they didn't. There are a lot of people who have posted wing failures on the Hangar 9 60 size Corsair and firewall failures and they never got replacements. These posts have dated back to 2004, 7 years man. You would think Hangar 9 and Horizon Hobby would listen to the customers who have been posting about those failures, but they're not. Both reps I spoke to at Horizon Hobby say, and I quote, "There is nothing wrong with the Hangar 9 60 size Corsair." And one said, "All the posts on the forums are pure propaganda."