RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which truck to get?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Which truck to get?

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

revo, they are tough as hell
Maybe if your running on moms carpet surrounded by pillows.

LST XXL without a question is the way to go. WIth the right tuning and a gear swap you can easily get 50mph out of em stock, assuming you want or need to go that fast with a monster truck. If you want even more speed you can easily convert the LST XXL to a BL setup using the inexpensive BL conversion(75 bucks) kit available for the XXL.
INexpensive? hahaha....The conversion kit is 85 bucks + whatever motor and ESC you choose to go with which in my case is $85 (Conversion Hardware Kit) + $250 (Mamba Monster Combo)= $335 just to pull out the nitro and go electric and we didn;t even touch on how much the XXL is what $650? I do know you can sell the 454 for around 100 bucks so it would be roughly $235 EXTRA to convert it to Brushless. Add in 2 Lipo packs from hobbyking and your another $80+ bucks and a Lipo Charger will be needed so add some more $.....

NOW I do agree that he should buy the Losi XXL over the Revo as it is a better truck but i'm just saying it is not very inexpensive to go brushless lol

So saying all that I might recommend he buy the Brushless E-Revo and save some money as it is an excellent truck as well and will cost less than a brushless Losi XXL.