RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gruman Ag-Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
rychaross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

I wanted to send out a GREAT BIG TEXAS YEEHAW to all of my cropdusting buddies. It's been a while since I've been on this thread but I haven't neglected it. I just haven't had anything to write about, but now I see where you guys are buying the DH-Agcat. Remeber me, I have the prototype and worked with Duane verbally over the phone and did some brainstorming with my old buddy about certain specifications and other miscellanious input. But really; it was all Duane on perfecting the overall and final outcome of this wonderful awesome looking flying machine. I can tell you now in the year that I have flown mine at Big Bird Fly-In events it has alway been the center of attention due to the fact that #1 the full size Agcat is not commonly seen except for certain farming areas. #2 I can just about bet you that you haven't seen many or by that fact "ANY" Grumman Agcats at any RC Fly-ins. Oh the neat & wonderful stories I have heard from full size agcat pilots about they're moments and the wonderful memories they have made in this incredible machine that Grumman produced. I've spent hours upon hours at fly-ins talking about how this project came to be and also how the pilots described to me in detail of how the plane taxis, rolls out for take off and how the tail is flying in no time and how the plane is such a dream to fly. I've even heard incredible stories of near miss crashes and crashes and how the grumman agcat saved there lives because it was/is a tough airplane. That is tradition with Grumman. They built tough hard to shoot down fighters such as the F3F Wildcat, F6F Hellcat-"The Ace Maker" and the Beautiful F8F Bearcat which I'm restoring a "Ziroli" Bearcat at this moment. I believe I have the only flying DH-Agcat now. Come on guys. Those of you who have them lets get them "spray duster/bombers" in the air. I'm getting pretty lonely up there all by myself. Oh sure you do see the Pawnee's, Agwagons, 502's and they are magnificant. I love all agricultural planes. BUT NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE AGE OF THE GRUMMAN AGCAT!!!!!!!!! Oh, and if you're flying higher than the trees.......You're still a rookie. Spraying for pine beetles don't count!!! LOL Take care to all of my pals. CROPDUSTERS TO THE RESCUE........POWDER IT UPPPPPPPPPP.