RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gruman Ag-Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
rychaross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

Oh man is that ever going to look and sound AWESOME. I want to put a radial on mine BIG TIME. Hopefully in the future - Ho Hum.... The engine I have on my agcat weights right at 5 lbs and I added another 4 lbs to the engine box to balance the plane. I don't see a problem at all installing the 10 lbs Moki. I would think you won't have to add any additional weight at all which is great. I have the Ailerons set oh high rates at 100% and low rates are set at 60%. Elevator high rates are set as high as your radio will go. For my radio which is a "Spectrum DX7 goes up to 125%. You'll never use all of it except for taxing on and off of the runway but it does give you a level off comfort coming in for slow approaches on landings. Elevator low rates are set at 70%. Experiment with these setting as you perform test flights and tweak the adjustments as you go. I don't fly with any expo. For me; I like to feel every move I make in real time. That's just me. To each his own I always say. I found the "CG" to be 7" from the leading edge of the top wing. It should be about the same for all of the DH-Agcats. Feel Free to contact me anytime. Oh, and post some pictures of the Moki engine so that I can dream. LOL and also some pics of the building progress. Till next time.