RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gruman Ag-Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 PM
rychaross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

I'm guessing the O.S. 5 cylinder weights around 5.25 lbs. I ended up adding 3 lbs in and around my motor box adding in the factor of 5 lbs for my engine. Total weight in the nose including the engine is 8 lbs in my plane. Which should be just about correct for all of the DH-Agcat depending on what engine you choose. Keep in mind that the only thing in front of the wing is the motor itself and that's it. Also keep in mind that adding 1" stand off mounts will lessen the amount of weight you will have to add to the nose. If you look at the full size plane the radial is mounted pretty far out in front. Just something to think about. The further out you mount the engine the less weight you will need to add. Do not add the weight to the cowling. Secure to the motor box. that's what I did and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm always here to help. Again, the 10 lbs MOKI should be fine. Just mount it directly to the motor box without any stand offs. Just add the normal down and right hand off sets to your engines guys. It's the same off set principles you've done on any of your other planes.