RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gruman Ag-Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:14 PM
rychaross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

Lets do this. Go a head and mount the Moki 150 CC and see how she balances. This will answer a lot of questions wheather or not it will balance perfectly or not. If it was me and I had a BIG OLE' Radial....I promise you that it would be the first engine of choice even if I did have to move things around inside the fuse or even some weight aft of the "CG"....Moki it up dudes or whatever radial you guys have. One thing I would like to mention. I was speaking with Duane about the aluminun gear that comes with the kit. We believe and have come to an a agreement that the gear that comes with the kit is too ridgid. It will bend on you if you happen to have and un-perfect landing. I found another gear that is perfect for the DH-Agcat. It's made by a fellow member from our club in Texas City, Tx. I believe it's made of Kevlor I'm not really sure but I'll find out who the guy is and if he still produces that type of gear. My plane weights right at 40 lbs and I have dropped in from 5' straight down on the gear and the gear does nothing but absorb the shock. This stuff is amazing and he also makes several different sizes. I'll try to get some contact information for you guys and an e-mail address along with a phone #. I hope the guy still makes them. I'll get back with y'all on that one. Have a good one.