RCU Forums - View Single Post - F3A MONOLOG 2X2 F3A METER
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F3A MONOLOG 2X2 F3A METER

Well, I got home and placed the Monolog on the work bench, used the canopy floor, using a robart meter to get the plane level at 0 degree.
The Motor had up thrust, used washers to get 1.5 degree of down thrust. It helped, but still using down trim on radio.An yes the plane does pitch
to the belly, with rudder input both left and right during level flight. So I mixed in 10% of up elevator, the incidence is preset by the factory
so no adjusters, and you can not put in adjuster. You have to glue in two 1/4''-1 1/2 CF rods and donuts to the front and a 7'' CF rod in the
back "What a Pain in the A!!!". The Monolog comes with 3 types of mount, E-power for a outrunner,YS type for the YS mount and the gas mount
for the DLE 30 gas motor.The control slots are not pre cut, the plane comes with templates for the Ailirons Rudder and Elevator. I used a 1/16''
drill bit and the template an just drill the holes the lenght of the template, and the I used a dremel with a router bit also 1/16'',it make sound
hard but was very easy to due, it was my first time. Then use 30 min expoy. Yes I did add weight to the right wing tip,My flying weight with
using Hobby Partzs Sky Lipo 4400 20c, was 4889 grams. I'll be flying this weekend at the Victorville Dist7 contest, or should I say trimming
it at this upcoming contest.

I hope that helps, Alex will be getting more setup infomation this weekend, he is in Korea, for the F3A national for the team trials ,from the
Worlds in Munice, and he will be getting more setup info with BJ Park