RCU Forums - View Single Post - My NB Jeep Rubicon Crawler
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Spiike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My NB Jeep Rubicon Crawler

Haven't had an update, because my jeep has been shelved since the stock electronics died. So here is the start to my conversion! I found a brand new Futabu Magnum Sport T2PC 2 channel Transmitter and a Fp-r122je 2 channel receiver with the crystals. from a buddy in the classifieds here on the RCCrawler.com
I was just thinking of getting a cheap AE-1 ESC because it powers brushed motors, and should be ok powering my MOA New Bright motors. Either that or I will have a spare for my SCX10 when I get it later on this year..
Can't wait I love the scx10 my buddy bought one, and i got to play with it a little. but honestly I love my NB just as much till i really break it for good! but I will still try and fix my NB in my spare time because i've put a bunch of money into spare parts etc...

So I was researching this receiver and transmitter, I didn't realize that the receiver had a input voltage.
Power requirement: 4.8 - 8.4V
if i find a ESC that supports 8 cell (9.6v) Could i use some sort of cheap voltage regulator to lower the voltage? or a resistor? i should probably put this in the electronics, I might just do that if i can't find anything with the search button.
I already own 3x 9.6v 8 cell ni-cd batteries, and do not wish to upgrade till those batteries die. (low on cash)