RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Muddiman Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:02 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

Well, I will tell you what I do when glassing all wings. One, is use the Z-poxy finishing resin, thats all I use, period. One thing that works great though is to add heat to it when you do it. What I do is mark my cloth, and use a bit of CA where my mark lines are. Then cut it (the CA keeps it from fraying and seperating when your cutting the fibers). Then, I spray it with a light coat of 3M-77 spray adhesive, and stick it in place. After that, I mix the finishing resin, and spread it on with a disposable flux-brush. Then, I get the heat gun out, and heat it up as I spread it around (it will literally spread like water when you do this), and then squeegee it off with a playing card. You end up with very little epoxy applied, and you squeege most of it back off (as you will see if you try this method). It works great, and its the method I use every time. The CA'd edges of the fiberglass will leave a small ridge, but if you sand that down, there should be very little sanding as when the heat is applied to the epoxy resin, it will flow and fill in the low spots. I guarantee it will be fully saturated with this method.......

Hope this helps,

Dave