RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** Ultra Sport Brotherhood ***
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *** Ultra Sport Brotherhood ***

ORIGINAL: smkrcflyer

No I’m not using robo struts. This is my first set of retracts so I’m just following what other people have done. I think the wire gear that comes with the kit is around 4 inchs. The down side to longer struts is they will be more likely to bend when taking off and landing and it will affect the stance of the plane on the ground.
I agree with you Steve, shorter is better.. I am pretty muchcommitted as you can see in the pics.. I plan on using the foam spray to make the wheel well, so the bay closest to the gear had to stay open for the control hook up.. I moved my gear one bay out from the plan location (minflyer mod from the big thread) to give it a wider stance and better ground handling.. I think my gear will be about 5/8" to 3/4" longer then most, I have a little room to shorten them, so i think i will be ok...

Gonna get the retract and flap servo rails in today so I can sheet the rest of the wing and get it mounted to the fuse...

Has anyone added extra blocking to the front of the TE for hinges? I plan to use dubro hinges and the TE is not very thick, so i will add some stock at the hinge locations...