RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just getting into it
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 02:58 PM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just getting into it

There only two servos on board,one for the sails (main and jib) and the other for the rudder. The radio has two sticks on it, one for rudder (right side of the radio) that moves left and right, and the sail stick is of course on the other side and slides up and down to pull the sails in and to let them out. The manual shows this is detail.
Were you able to open the attached on my last post? It will answer most of your questions.

I have attached a picture of the compartment that holds all the electronics, may help you understand how it all works. Thesail servo is larges and quite strong and has it metal gears inside so it has the power topull in the sails in strong wind conditions. The rudder is a standard servo, as it doesn't require as much torque to operate the rudder.

In the picture below you'll seea Yellow balloon, many of us put the receiver in a balloon to protect it should water get inside this compartment. That is a very rare thing, but
it pays to be careful.

Boomer

ORIGINAL: dhershy

finally one last question. does the main sail and the jib opperate in unision or are they control indvidaully
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79270.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1589783