RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat needs a PRO driver to race their trucks...
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat needs a PRO driver to race their trucks...

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Good input, thanks. Do you intend to pursue more in-house designs moving forward?

Perhaps my input appeared negative though it wasn't written to be that way. I just personally won't put Redcat Racing in the same bin as Traxxas or HPI until most if not all of your designs are in house and unique to Redcat Racing. I am entitled to my opinion, am I not?

So to clarify, you import a large majority of your products based on OEM designs and you are proactive in the OEM product improvement process going so far as to pay for part molds to improve your products. To date, you have released one of your own in house custom designs. I don't see how that is negative, isn't it the truth? Based on your momentum which is certainly impressive, I would hope to see more Redcat designs and Redcat designed products moving forward. I hope to see Redcat Racing as a standalone 100% in house design RC company one day that can put the innovation and technology heat on other manufacturers.
I was simply pointing out that some things that you said were not correct. Of course you can have an opinion, but if statements are incorrect than I must point out where the errors are.

To answer your other question about more in-house designs, the answer is yes. Our goal is to eventually design all vehicles ourselves and own our own factories. We are still a very young company compared to the bigger names. We also have never tried to compare ourselves to any other company. We do our thing and they do theirs. If by chance we overlap on some levels with other companies, than that is just fine too. The focus of Redcat has always been to offer an affordable vehicle for the beginner or intermediate buyer.

Darin