RCU Forums - View Single Post - TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Ozflyboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna

Hi Super Mario and Audorobici,

This is very unusual.

I have not had any stress related issues in the fuselage of my TMMY Cessna either and mine weighs in at 33KGS or 72lbs. I admit that I have re-enforced the landing gear box with Kevlar tows, but apart from that mine is stock out of the box from Tommy.

This has happened to another 182 owner as a result of an engine failure and the aircraft overshooting the runway combined with a stall and then resulting in a high nose attitude impact to the ground.

Although I was not present at the time of this incident I do suspect that the rear fuselage underside had contacted the ground which caused the fuselage halves to break apart at the butt joint.

What one has to realise is that these are very large model aircraft and in saying that they should not be flown or landed like a 40 size trainer plane.

Each landing has to be made carefully with a nice long stable approach. If you intend to use flaps use elevator coupling function or a flap system which mixes in down elevator for each flap setting. This is what the full size do whenever they use flaps. Re-trim the aircraft for a slightly nose down attitude.

Audorobici, let's hope you have your Cessna fixed and back flying again really soon.

Steve