RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX8 vs. Futaba vs. Airtronics
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX8 vs. Futaba vs. Airtronics

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

Mike - are the minima receivers going to have the battery voltage telemetry, too?
No, the Minima's are built to be as light as possible so there is no telemetry. The lightest telemetry RX is the Optima 6 LITE with is 9.8g but if you remove the BODA and just strip the sheathing to expose the antenna it get's down to 7g and is still completely full range. The Minima is 6g with case and 4g w/o.

ORIGINAL: jstrach

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

FYI: The battery telemetry is built into every Hitec Optima RX where with the DX8 you have to add a device the size, weight and cost of an addition RX to get it!
I hear ya Mike. The battery telemetry is really what I'm most interested in. I see the Optima Rx is about $89. Thanks for the info!!
You could probably find the Optima 9 for that plus we also sell triple packs that gets the price down too. The regular street price on the Hitec RX is: Minima 6 $44.99, Optima 6 LITE: $53.99, Optima 6: $49.99, Optima 7 (add on telemetry capable): $69.99 and the Optima 9 (add on capable): $99.99

If you spend some time comparing the Aurora to the DX8 you'll find they are not in the same league... you'd have to step up to the JR 11X to have similar features and then the A9 still has additional features like in-flight adjustments for the mixing and of coarse the telemetry. In-flight mixing adjust for example let's you assign a trim switch so when you are doing a Rud-> Elev mix (knife edge) you can simply use the trimmer to fine tune the setting instead of trial and error. This is a predetermined mix BTW where the DX-8 has to P-mix almost everything but the basics.

Mike.