Old 04-08-2011, 05:06 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA Telemetry

ORIGINAL: rcairflr

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

So now I have to buy a new radio AND a phone that I don't want
Actually, no. You can pick up a used Apple MP3 player and it will work too.

Don't get me wrong, I can see where some people would want even more bells and whistles than they already have, it's just that personally, I would rather just enjoy flying
I'm with you - I enjoy flying. I really dislike crashing, and telemetry alarms from the DX8 have saved planes that I didn't know had problems.

I'm sold on it. But then, I'm biased, seeing I wrote the code.

Andy

I have never had a crash that telemetry would have save my airplane. The last crash I had was doing a rolling circle over the low grass area and when I transitioned over the wheat field my wing'tip
caught the wheat and a crash resulted. Maybe they will come out with a telemetry sensor that will give me an alarm for ''wheat field ahead, gain altitude''.

I have been flying since 1992 and again, as stated above have never had a crash that telemetry would have saved me, I build and fly 35% airplanes with high quality products and always maintain my batteries, so could you explain how telemetry has saved your ''planes'' (insinuating it has saved you more than once). If telemetry is saving your planes, than what is missing in your setup that you need it to save you?

I am not trying to argue against telemetry (each to his own), but I do think it is overrated by some.
rollers and telemetry don't really go together
(about the transition -you mean reversing roll?- That takes lots of practice- almost as much a single 360 degree roll)
anyway for electric gliders- or other electricc powered stuff - the telemetry is VERY nice
On your 80/160 cc stuff (assuming you are using gasoline engines)telemetry can help get best prop results and best operating temp results .
Don't kiss it off if you have not tried it.