RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA Telemetry
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA Telemetry

ORIGINAL: Sean Reilly

What might happen if your flying with the telemetry on and the person right next to you is also using this also. Maybe yours will confuse the guy next to you or vise-versa. If this audiable to those near you .. in earshot range ... then what will stop this cross-talk confusion?
I have never been a big fan of the Timers built in to Transmitters, because they were hard to hear. Most everyone has an Audible Timer on their Tx these days. I use a Talking Timer that is clipped to my shirt. It Counts Down and announces each Minute and every 10 sec of the last Minute. I have never heard anyone complain about my Talking Timer distracting them when they stood near me while flying. A number of my fellow club members have these devices.

I would expect the Telemetry Voice Module might have a jack for an Earphone, or Bluetooth capability to transmit to a Bluetooth Headset. Since Spektrum has announced that theirs will communicate with an iPhone or iPod, I would suspect that Bluetooth would be involved.

In any case, just like my Talking Timer, I would not expect there to be a distraction problem. Pilots should be standing an adequate distance away from each other, anyway.
ORIGINAL: Sean Reilly

What might happen if your flying with the telemetry on and the person right next to you is also using this also. Maybe yours will confuse the guy next to you or vise-versa. If this audiable to those near you .. in earshot range ... then what will stop this cross-talk confusion?