RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA Telemetry
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA Telemetry

ORIGINAL: 8178

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

I noticed it mentioned that the low voltage failsafe would somehow save a plane that has had a battery go weak. I am reasonably certain that a plane that has had failsafe kick in from a low RX battery is uncontrollable from the ground. Been flying RC for 40 years a great deal of that on Futaba and absolutely believe they have the best menu system out there but sheez, come one, the truth is the truth. Once the receiver battery has gone down past the point of servo function it's over. Kiss that one goodbye.
Futaba handles RX fail safe low voltage really well. You can read up on it here http://www.futaba-rc.com/downloads/manuals.html Try the 12FG manual.
Sir, I have read the manuals. Actually quite a few in those 40 years of flying I referred to. Once a receiver has gone into fail-safe from low voltage you DO NOT control it from the ground any longer. There are some options concerning what will happen when the battery fails but none include you having transmitter control. If the voltage drops rapidly as in the case of a failed switch or open circuit in the pack none of the fail-safe choices will matter as there will not be any current available to move the servos anyway.

If you want believe what you wrote "Futaba handles RX fail safe low voltage really well" then continue to do so but please don't try to sell me snake oil, I'm not interested. I will state it one more time and this is an absolute undeniable fact, once a receiver battery has gone down past the point of servo function, it's over. No control, nada, nothing, servos CAN'T move anymore.