RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:53 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

ORIGINAL: MTK

I have never used blue loctite on exhaust bolts threads. I think a couple guys did that before we found out about how well Nordlocks work, and their bolts stayed put. Getting the bolts loose is another matter that requires heat, as I understand it

I use Nordlocks, ally can gasket and Locktite Ultra Copper silicone sealant on both sides of the gasket and inside the bolts holes. This combo has solved the loose exhaust bolt problem we experienced early on.

Planning to go to Toledo this weekend with Ed. Hopefully I'll get to chat with Todd regarding some of the ideas I've presented here-in

Guys,

It looks like we have an inexpensive solution for tubing.

I purposely left a a few ml of gasoline in the tank before putting the plane up for the Winter just to see how the tubing would hold up over the Winter months. The tank clunk line was set up with Tygothane (polyurethane formulation for gasoline and other applications), Mc Master Carr #5549K44. It's 1/8" ID x 1/32" wall and much more flexible than Viton.

I took apart the gas tank to check the PolyU tubing condition and was pleasantly surprised to find the tubing as supple and as strong as new tubing. This material is inexpensive at around 30 cents a foot. It is clear although colors may be available. Ideally, black tubing in the same formulation would be perfect

I will continue the experiment with the same piece of clunk line this flying season and see if it still holds up by the end of the season