RCU Forums - View Single Post - deja vu
Thread: deja vu
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default deja vu

Been awhile since I have been in the ole engine conversion forum. Many months ago I aquired a Sig Rascal 110 that had been crashed and the nose knocked off. When I rebuilt the nose of that plane I went ahead and made the firewall 2" shorter then stock and outfitted the plane with a Ryobi 31. The engine fit entirely inside the cowl and the plane flew great for what I used it for which was mainly parachute drops. Perhaps some of you have seen me running my Rascal 110 with the Ryobi on youtube. Anyhow.... I sold that plane last year and thought maybe that was the last Rascal I would own since they are now either discontinued or production seriously delayed. However as fate would have it I aquired another Rascal 110(the blue version this time) that had been wrecked with the exact same as damage as the last one I had. Basicly the nose is gone and the rest is fine. Since I was so happy with how the Ryobi conversion did on my other Rascal 110 I thought maybe I would do this one up the exact same way. Then I got to thinking since I have been away from the conversion forum for so long that maybe I had better at least check out what are the latest and greatest and most popular conversions folks are doing now. I see on fleabay that they are selling a Ryobi 30cc reconditioned string trimmer that has higher compression with the duel rings. However it does look like in the photo of it that the carb has moved to the side. I really liked the fact that the Ryobi 31 would fit entirely under the Rascal cowl with the rear carb, but just wanted to get some input from some of you folks since I have been out of the loop for awhile and thought you guys might have some better options I had not heard of. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftASjepWrz4[/youtube]