Thread: deja vu
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: deja vu

Richard

It flew great with that engine and was real dependable. The plane got alot of compliments and the Ryobi string trimmer engine generated alot of interest especially among folks not familiar with flying RC. Like I said though...I sold the red Rascal 110 featured in the youtube video last year after doing a lot of flying with that plane. The one I have now is the blue version Rascal 110 and I have to rebuild the nose just like I did on the red one. I am just trying to be sure of what engine I will be using because I will rebuild the nose and set the firewall location based on the weight of the engine I plan to use. When I rebuilt the nose of the red one...I set the firewall back 2" from the stock location and the plane balanced perfect with the Ryobi 31. I love to tinker with conversion engines on the larger scale planes where they are practical to use like on the Rascal or Cubs, etc. Just wanted to check to see what options are available since I have been away from conversion discussions for quite awhile.