RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
tele1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

I am finished with my induction noise silencing airbox/ motor box. It is lined with acoustic foam. The airbox has a cover on it that is removable. I will post of video with the motor running with the cover on and off. I ran the same foam around the velocity stack/ choke. I am going to just remove it. Their is a 3/16 gap around the entire velocity stack which I believe is going to be enough area for air intake instead of drilling holes in the motor box and leaving the foam around the stack.

Motor is mounted and the pipe is installed as per your recommendations. Copper RTV, Nordlocks, and Alum gasket. Last year I just used the black RTV and I have some leakage. But that may have been as result of the header bolts loosening.
I did counter bore the the 5m holes on the header. I just used a metal bit. I would have preferred to get the counter bore flat at the bottom instead of angle of the bit.

Tuning:
I know their is plenty of information about walbro tuning on the internet. But, I was wondering if you guys would give your techniques for the Syssa and how you meet the low and high needle in the middle per se'. That might be a good addition to the recipe.