RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller Hi, I contacted Tower Hobby and they are is accepting back-orders now for the Aurora Spectra Pro 72MHz PLL Module. The part number for the module that is currently on their web site is LXYWM1. The price is $59.99
From Hitec rep's postings, the module should be available the end of April. Also Tower's backorder information states it will be available the end of April, so I placed an order. Hopefully the information is correct and it will be out the end of April.
I thought I'd let you know incase anyone else is interested. Fly4Fun, Wayne
Could always get one earlier complete with a 2nd Aurora for training/back up....<g></g>
This as the Aurora is now available as TX with a 72 Spectra Pro module and Freedom 9 Sythesised RX only. The "IDSet up Module" included for the 9SRX is detailed & additional 9S pictorial manual at:
Hitec - Synthesised HSD-09RQ (Freedom 9S) Manual and set-up <dt>
The 72 Spectra Pro module manual, as lodged with FCC,
Spectra Pro 72MHz PPM/QPCM Module - Manual - & Pictures - ETA stores end April 2011.)
under range test:
"Warning!
- Do the range check before each flying session to confirm the
radio system is working properly.
- Do the range check before the engine or motor is started."

may have been amended otherwise suggest amend to read:
- Do the range check with the engine or motor running and whilst cycled up <> down
or add
"and repeat with Engine/Motor running which will highlight any vibration/electrical problems"
see also:Aurora 9 Range Test Procedure .5 g)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

</dt>