RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamyia panzer IV vs Panther question
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 PM
pcomm1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamyia panzer IV vs Panther question

2 cents:

Both are good kits, though the Panther had some serious teething problems when first released. I found the Pz4 is much easier to rc setup than the Panther G, but with some effort the Panther can be setup to operate very well too.

If you build the Panther I would recommend the Impact Glacis Plate Guides, Impact tracks and drive sprockets, the Daryl Turner metal gearbox mount brace, Daryl Turner metal elevation arm and the road wheel bearings from Impact as the basic aids to get the Panther running good. Also remove and CA glue solid the black clutch gears in the elevation and turret rotation units and re-install said gears.

As to the Panzer IV modifications, I used the Impact late tracks, the Daryl Turner metal gearbox mount brace, Daryl Turner metal elevation arm and removed and then CA glued solid the black clutch gears in the elevation and turret rotation units.

I left the gear boxes stock, the scale speed of the Pz4 model is pretty good without any modifications.

So, depending on your budget, both are very good kits, but you might spend a couple of bucks more to get the Panther setup to run as well as the Pz4.

And don't forget the Jagdpanther, it is a pretty cool kit too.

John