RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

ORIGINAL: dirtydingus

Hey Dave
I am using the felt clunks in both tanks and the wing tank is completely empty after draining. The main tank however has fuel that you can see up in front. I realize it's probably not a problem causer it's just a little unsettling to drain a tank and still have a pint of fuel sloshing around. Seems like comp arf would have remedied the issue early on.

On a different note, I am doing the maiden tomorrow. Overall I am very happy with the plane and would consider it a fine ARF.

Jim
Jim

Then you are fine...I've test flown dozens of Flash models, never been an issue. CARF have nothing to fix, please understand that there have been over 1000 Flashes sold, if it was a problem, it would have come up way before now on the UF. The tank design works 100% in the air, CARF don't "fly" their aeroplanes sitting on the gound, so draining the tank fully sitting on it's wheels is not an issue

I just took these shots, this is a 9 Minute flight, the guys that were at PMFC the day I flew this tank out will tell you I flew fast, slow, snaps, spins etc etc. Look at the tank level and UAT...I cannot see ANY bubble, so I could have flown another 30sec and used more fuel from the main tank...
Do you guys re mould BVM tanks when you build BobCat's and Bandits? nah, so why here...it's fine if you assemble the tanks with the equipment they come with and are designed for...

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ec89641.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	1593731   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx72609.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	1593732