RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas to Glow Conversion????
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas to Glow Conversion????

Interesting, I wasn't aware that the 1.25 Saito was a dog power wise I thought it was quite a strong runner. I know the 120 was a dog and somewhat heavier than the currant engines they make today in simular displacement. But the YS 110 is no slouch, I have not read alot of RPM storys on the 20 DLE just that it is supposed swing a 16x8 prop at around 10 K if memory serves me right.
The DLE-20 should power that plane just fine, Although it looks like the 30 can fit in the nose of that plane I feel it would be a drastic overkill for it.
I would add up the AUW of each engine and components you wish to use, those plane's are already on the heavy side, if built fully loaded with all options. I don't recall the weight on mine at the moment. I use a 120 webra speed in it and it has more power than it will ever need. I'm considering making the Webra a gas conversion due to the rising cost of glow fuel.
At your Alt a person may not need the big boy engine to power the plane, but where I am at, I go the larger end of the recomendation sometimes more.
Spinner what YS 110 are you compairing the DLE-20 to I can maybe see the 110 FZ but the newer S series 110 is a real powerhouse of an engine for it' size.