RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA Telemetry
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Kupfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA Telemetry

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer

I love the look and bling of the 14MZ and was going to buy one (Needed more channels for a bigger plane), But ever since that software update got relist for my 8FG (going to 14channels+more) I don't care too much about the 14MZ.
Yes, It's cool to be able to take a picture of your airplane and put it on your radio display + much more, but for that price I can buy 4+ of my 8FG.
The 8FG Super is perfect for owners needing up to 14 channels without the extra conditions, unlimited mixing, etc., the 14MZ provides. The capability of photos and sound is already in the 14 as well as the ability to control 28 channels in 2048 PCM mode. Of course S-BUS makes that obsolete in both PCM and FASST modes. It appears the 8FGS is limited to 14 channels S-BUS where the 12Z and 14MZ are not.

The 12Z and 14MZ have unlimited capabilities that probably a limited number of owners actually use. I have the 14MZ and it certainly is overkill for my flying style but I love it's quality and reliability over the past three years.

I currently use an inexpensive telemetry add on (Quanum from Hobby King) for my electric birds mainly to monitor Lipo voltage. Amp draw and temp is available but I don't use them. Onboard airborne battery voltage is probably the only item I will use whan Futaba releases telemetry. I have little interest in the rest at this time.
The 14MZ is cool, Maybe even too cool but it's day's are numbered (It's been around for a long time), I would like to see what Futaba would come up for there next super radio.