RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA Telemetry
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FUTABA Telemetry

As the radios continue to improve more and more, the manufacturers will eventually realize that the biggest problem their system has is the bozo holding it in his/her hands. But, we are still not there...

I remember fondly when you could yell I lost it, I don't got it, i"m shot down, no control, any time you stalled in a low level turn. That was taken away form us. I use Futaba, but I have to admit that I believe that many Spectrum crashes were bozo-pilot-induced, and promptly radio-blamed...

But that's just me. At the field once, a guy rubber banded his wing with just one rubber band per side. His intention was to go to the car and get more. He forgot, actually did take off, and the wing abandoned the fuselage when the first loop was attempted. The wing gracefully rolled trough the air until until the corn hit it. The fuselage turned into a very fast lawn dart heading home at the speed of bad news... The guy yelled S***** crap*y rubber bands!

So, I admit that not being able to be shot down has some bad side effects... Some people have no choice left but to be honest. Me? I blame Spectrum! (after I hide my radio)

Gerry