RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old Fart you aren't going to buy something on line are you???  What would Gerry (Harvey) say.  Re those mounts for big engines, me I wouldn't use them I always use metal mounts and Saito makes some really good ones.  Reasons for doing this are principally vibration and I believe a small reduction in resultantant HP.  The vibration problem is emough for me my mentor (old Fart Jim H) saw a very expensive ESM machine bite the dust because and engine fell out of the model (approx 10 hours on engine and model no previous damage) and how do we know it was the engine because one fibre glass bearer was still attached to the engine.  I still use F/G where weight is an issuebut the Saito and OS mounts are so light and strong that there is not a lot of difference.
BTB I am getting a book on Travelair Mystery ships from Amazon along with 3 other + 3 DVD's delivery cost AUD 27 the book is USD 29.95 6 weeks delivery sourced from a leading book seller in OZ AUD 93 plus 6 weeks delivery.  Interesting huh