RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA Telemetry
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA Telemetry

Brand loyalty serves only manufacturers, not consumers.
There is something to be said for sticking to one for assured compatability between transmitters and receivers in multiple airframes and with multiple transmitters flying each. When you have 15 Futaba receivers and you want to add a new transmitter it kind of makes sence to buy another Futaba. The programming logic and steps also tends to be easier to pick up if you are moving within brands. The same would be true for any manufacturer.And of course we all want to be assured we chose a good one so we tend to "say it so to make it so" in our own minds. Istarted with Futaba back in the 70's and have stuck to them. It's the most common system hereabouts. But if Iwas starting out or had started elsewhere I'd likely be as happy with a JR,HiTec or Airtronics.

When Iswitched to 2.4gHz it would have been the time to change brands if Iwas inclined to . . . but Iwas not. Idid research for a year before making my choice and Ihave no regrets. Itend not to look at my transmitter and telemetry would just be a distraction.

Calm down, guys. Be glad telemetry is available if you desire it. If you're a sloppy mechanic and are careless with battery managementit probably won't save your model . . . but it might. At least you'll know the cause of the smoking hole from the playback. Personally, it seems your attention should be on the aircraft and bringing it inwhen it starts to act up, not the display. But for overheating problems the temp readouts would be dandy.