RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Johnnie Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?

ORIGINAL: twinbrother

I wonder if Top-Flite is built in China. Not everything in China is poorly made. Many products coming out of China are solid. There are a few companies that produce piss poor products, such as the Hangar 9 60 size Corsair. Many planes coming out of China are great and I don't see why if one manufacturer from China can make a great product, another one can't. In my opinion, it comes down to money and customer service. I've owned a few CMPro ARFs and some are excellent, solidly built planes, and they're cheaper than Hangar 9. CMPro is from China and some are pretty good. No reason why Hanger 9 and Horizon Hobby can't do the same with some of their planes. They just don't care, in my opinion.

Since when are you flying twinbrother? Are you new to the hobby? Can you describe us your typical flight that lead to your missfortune? Do you make powerdives? Do you hold the throttle back while you are making high G manouvers? Are you familiar with the term airframe stress?

I am asking you all these because I find your comments peculiar, since the only people that hate H9 warbirds in my field are the ones that they fly carelessly causing structural damages to their planes; because of ignorance. Kindly note that even in the full scale 1:1 airplanes there are limitations, and ways to handle the power lever.

I am a proud owner of many R/C warbirds, and among them are H9 Corsair, Hellcat, Thunderbolt, Mustang since now with more than five years of flying them I had crashed no one. The only inspection that I do is to the clevises and horns that I change them once per year for possible wear.

It happens that I own also a bunch of CmPro's as well. Some are Hellcat, Thunderbolt, P-40, Chipmunk, and my opinion is that CmPro's are much worse in collapsing parts. The firewall in all CmPro's need reienforcments, the retract-wheelwells also, the saddle where the wing sits; needs reienforcements with glasscloth and poxy.....

At the end of the day, keep in mind that the companies make these ARF's for the experienced modellers. If somebody see that one part might collapse at his personal way of flying he just reienforce this part and everything is all right. Companies cannot make custom made production for anyone.

Happy flyin'
J.R.