RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are People Crap Every where????
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:17 AM
plasma 327

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are People Crap Every where????

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

Plasma had better thank his lucky stars the felony charge got dropped. What benefit would he achieve with a felony on his record the rest of his life? What happens when he goes for a job interview, has a chance at promotion, but now has a felony assault on his history for hitting another man over a damned RC car? Are we advocating physical assault over the criminal justice system? The lesson here is, if you have the financial capability to give your RC toys away, enjoy that perk in life. A gift terminates the givers ownership totally. Maybe next time he will mentor the kid under his supervised training and keep the car in his possession until he is sure the child is grown up and responsible enough to manage it?

ORIGINAL: kyliesgrampa

What interesting reading this post is, the jerk that gambled his kids toy finally got dealt a result for his actions. Something that apparently is not happening in the rest of his life. I think as people think less about the results of their actions they make not so good decisions. In the not too distant past the police while releasing you would be giving the gambling father what for about his actions. But unfortunatly our country has tried to make rules across the board for all situations equally and no longer does common sense apply to enforcing those rules. I say one punch, one insult, its was a reaction. Its not like you continued the ass whooping and stomped him. At least the kid has a mom with some common sesne and might have a future in spite of a less than desireable role model of a father. I say keep up being a positive influence and even generous if your able, because those that you help WILL NEVER FORGET your kindness. His dad has to get help elswhere, just my 2 cents worth.
I am greatful of the outcome.. I did not hit hom over the rc. I hit him for his lack of respect for his child.. Wrong or right i do not regret it... I believe the lesson here is people need to know that there is consequence to ones action.. There is no accountability anymore.. Society has leaned to being to forgiving for any and all responsibilty.. Sometimes people have to stand up for those who cannot and i did!!!