RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 AM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 60 Size Corsair...Where's The Glue?

I fly in circles, no hot dogging, no aerobatics, nothing. The only time I go fast is when I'm flying straight and level. There are no high G turns when I fly. And I fly every weekend at the flying field. Your Hangar 9 planes are probably the percentage of planes that have just enough glue to hold them together. The others of us who have posted on here about the Hangar 9 Corsair are the unlucky ones. Horizon Hobby is well aware of the Hangar 9 Corsair having these issues and they are doing nothing to improve the quality of the plane to bring down that percentage of failures. And I also wrote that the firewall came off of the fuse on a simple nose over. If you feel that is sufficient quality for Hangar 9, then more power to you. You keep buying their products. None of my Top-Flite firewalls have come off nose overs. And if they did, Top-Flite should be addressing that issue.

And yes, ARFs are for experienced modelers. But even the experienced modeler wants assurance their firewall and wings will hold up in normal flight. If reinforcement was needed during normal flight, the ARF manual would have that in the instructions and tell you where to reinforce. Last time I checked, I didn't see that anywhere.