RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: brenthampton79 well the more I use the a9 the more I love it, its so intuitive to use and I just keep removing my futaba 2.4 rx's and selling them on ebay haha. However I have a question though for the experts about the new spectra module update and the new scanning deal. Question is that now with this update do you always leave it in scan mode now and not use the normal mode?
The operative wording isScan "Function” rather than Scan mode.
as in existing tip: AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field

extract from new manual is attached, suggest AFHSS users download and read both new manuals post #3482 above.

Addendum Spectra 2.4 manual:
"Range Check Function"
=====================================
"Warning!"
- Before each flying session to confirm the radio system is working properly.
- Before the engine or motor is started, turn on the system as explained above"
Make sure all the servos and control surfaces are working properly.
If any control surface is not moving properly, do not attempt to fly the aircraft until the problem is solved.

insert
"- Do the range check with the engine or motor running and whilst cycled up <> down which will highlight any vibration/electrical problems"

- If you are unable to accomplish a successful range check of 30 meters or 100 feet
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY,
=========================================

see also:
Aurora 9 Range Test Procedure .5 g)

20Apr11 added:
"New "smart scan" is basically an easier way of picking a new set of channels per your environment other than going into scan mode and then back to normal mode which is what is recommended to use. Scan mode was nice that it picked a new set of channels each time, but really unnecessary and some of the downfalls with having to cycle power on the both the TX and RX made it inconvenient. First of all note that the Hitec team has never done the scan mode to normal mode trick as we use the same channels picked by normal mode and have flown at all the major events with zero issues. The only time I would suggest you use the scan function is if you need to avoid another device or if somehow you are having problems at a specific field.
Linking telemetry and non-telemetry Rx's... the technology requires a different binding method. When binding the Optima (telemetry) RX's you would utilize the same exact procedure that you are familiar with, but with the new Minima RX's, you must push the link button again to get the blue light flashing. - Mike"

Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35977.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1595491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10177.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1595492